From 3rd August 2021 Tourism activities re-open in Andaman & Nicobar Islands. In view of the steady decline in cases of COVID-19 in Andaman Nicobar Islands an order has been issued by the Director of Tourism Department today regarding reopening of all Tourism activities in South Andaman and North Middle Andaman District from today.
The tourists are allowed to visit Baratang/North & Middle Andaman subject to compulsory RAT testing for Andaman Trunk Road commuters which will be carried out at Forest check post on the spot / same day on payment of applicable charges
A negative RT PCR report has to be presented by all passengers on arrival.
General Guidelines defined for traveling to Andaman Islands during COVID :
What are the guidelines for testing for tourists coming to Andaman after August 03 2021?
On arrival at Port Blair :
1. The tourists need to carry COVID-19 negative test report from mainland based 1CMR approved lab using Reverse Transcriptase-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RTPCR). However, the sample for RTPCR test should have been taken within 48 hours prior to starting the journey from the origin station. (For e.g. if the tourist takes a flight from Delhi at 0600 hrs. on 1st September, 2021, the sample for RTPCR test should have been taken not before 0600 hrs. on 30th August, 2021).
2. The tourists/visitors on arrival at Port Blair airport have to undergo mandatory Covid-19 screening with RTPCR test free of cost. Thereafter the tourists/visitors are allowed to move to their respective hotels. However, they will have to be under quarantine at Port Blair in their hotel rooms until the result of RTPCR tests are received. In case of RTPCR positive test results, the tourists/visitors shall remain in
institutional quarantine in hotels notified by the Hoteliers Association in consent with the A&N Administration, on rates as specified or to the designated hospital/ Covid-19 care centre on case-to-case basis.
3. Tourists may also have to undergo random Rapid Antigen Test conducted from time to time on payment basis as prescribed by A8N Administration.
What if the tourists test positive after arriving at the Andaman Islands?
If the tourists tests positive during their stay in the Islands, he/she will need to undergo institutional isolation as per existing health protocols. The
cost of such isolation for govt. facility will be paid by the tourists as fixed by the administration from time to time.
If the patient wants to stay at hotels, he/she can stay in the hotels if all the conditions below are met:
a) Patients are not symptomatic and not more than 60 years old.
b) Request/ undertaking is made by patient in writing.
c)lf allowed by doctors.
Hotels will make necessary arrangements to designate a part of their rooms for institutional isolation for this purpose.
Makruzz is one of the oldest and most reputed ferry companies in Andamans. The Makruzz 1 started operating in 2009 and is still functional in Andamans along with the cruises of different brands. Over the years Makruzz Cruises have progressed and are doing extremely well in transferring people from one island to another with great comfort and services.
The Makruzz family has a fleet of 3 cruises- Makruzz 1, Makruzz Gold, and Makruzz Pearl. Each of the cruises gives you a different experience in terms of the interiors, services, speed, comfort, and seating but the main goal is to provide a smooth trip for its passengers.
Makruzz 1 is the first cruise introduced by the M.V. Makruzz Company. It is a closed deck cruise with comfortable seating and good service. It is a high-speed catamaran and is first of its kind in Andamans.
The seating capacity is about 250 seats divided into 3 categories – Economy, Deluxe, and Luxury/Royal. Each category has different experiences to offer the passengers in terms of seating space, seats, services, and hospitality. The view gets better at each deck and that one of the major reasons for passengers to opt for the higher categories.
The cruise is fully air-conditioned and the seats are comfortable with adequate legroom space. Seating arrangement differs in each category and a huge transparent glass runs through the entire cruise to provide the customers with views of the sea.
The cruise has televisions, restrooms, and an in-board pantry. A music system is available for entertainment purposes. The restrooms are clean and comfortable. The pantry is well stocked with snacks and beverages.
Makruzz 1 sails from Port Blair-Havelock-Neil-Port Blair. It departs from Haddo Wharf Jetty. The journey takes about 90 minutes from Port Blair to the destination on a one-way trip.
Makruzz has the option of online & advance booking of ferry tickets but the only drawback is that it does not allow you to choose the seats as per your preference. It follows the first-come-first-serve-basis of seating and allots seats according to the booking patterns.
We recommend you to choose Makruzz 1 for at least one trip to experience riding on the first-ever private cruise that sailed in Andamans.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* Passenger should carry a valid photo ID Card at the time of check-in.
* Reporting time ONE HOUR before departure.
* Check-in Counter closes 15 minutes before departure
* Boarding closes 10 minutes before departure
* Correction of name is not permitted in ticket once booked. So please ensure the correct name of each passenger.
* Child above 2 years is chargeable
* Rupees 105 for an infant (age 7 days to 1 year)
PEAK SEASON SURCHARGE
Rupees 100/- extra per ticket from December 01 - January 31