From 3rd August 2021 Tourism activities re-open in Andaman & Nicobar Islands. In view of the steady decline in cases of COVID-19 in Andaman Nicobar Islands an order has been issued by the Director of Tourism Department today regarding reopening of all Tourism activities in South Andaman and North Middle Andaman District from today.
The tourists are allowed to visit Baratang/North & Middle Andaman subject to compulsory RAT testing for Andaman Trunk Road commuters which will be carried out at Forest check post on the spot / same day on payment of applicable charges
A negative RT PCR report has to be presented by all passengers on arrival.
General Guidelines defined for traveling to Andaman Islands during COVID :
What are the guidelines for testing for tourists coming to Andaman after August 03 2021?
On arrival at Port Blair :
1. The tourists need to carry COVID-19 negative test report from mainland based 1CMR approved lab using Reverse Transcriptase-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RTPCR). However, the sample for RTPCR test should have been taken within 48 hours prior to starting the journey from the origin station. (For e.g. if the tourist takes a flight from Delhi at 0600 hrs. on 1st September, 2021, the sample for RTPCR test should have been taken not before 0600 hrs. on 30th August, 2021).
2. The tourists/visitors on arrival at Port Blair airport have to undergo mandatory Covid-19 screening with RTPCR test free of cost. Thereafter the tourists/visitors are allowed to move to their respective hotels. However, they will have to be under quarantine at Port Blair in their hotel rooms until the result of RTPCR tests are received. In case of RTPCR positive test results, the tourists/visitors shall remain in
institutional quarantine in hotels notified by the Hoteliers Association in consent with the A&N Administration, on rates as specified or to the designated hospital/ Covid-19 care centre on case-to-case basis.
3. Tourists may also have to undergo random Rapid Antigen Test conducted from time to time on payment basis as prescribed by A8N Administration.
What if the tourists test positive after arriving at the Andaman Islands?
If the tourists tests positive during their stay in the Islands, he/she will need to undergo institutional isolation as per existing health protocols. The
cost of such isolation for govt. facility will be paid by the tourists as fixed by the administration from time to time.
If the patient wants to stay at hotels, he/she can stay in the hotels if all the conditions below are met:
a) Patients are not symptomatic and not more than 60 years old.
b) Request/ undertaking is made by patient in writing.
c)lf allowed by doctors.
Hotels will make necessary arrangements to designate a part of their rooms for institutional isolation for this purpose.
Racing in water with full control on your motorbike excites everyone. The on-shore experience gives you a lot of thrills while going zigzag on the sea. The speed boat ride is one such activity. You tend to race along waves and derive unmatched pleasure out of it. Full of energy and fun, speedboat riding is a thrilling activity where you can explore adventure on the sea. You can't miss the opportunity of enjoying nature and the sea. One can enjoy shorter rides or can go for a full circle drive.
It is one of the most popular water sports activities of the Andaman Islands. You can enjoy a short term thrill with your companion full of excitement and fun. A speed boat ride in the Andaman Islands helps you to get detached from the materialistic world and enjoy nature to the fullest. There are both commercial and private speed boats for visitors. It lets you explore shorelines with insane boat speed. The roller coaster ride has loads to offer for your vacation.
1. Advanced reservations are required.
2. The price range for a speed boat ride in Havelock Island ranges from 4000 to 4500 rupees per person and for a speed boat ride in Port Blair city ranges from 3500 to 4000 rupees per person.
3. Wear comfortable clothes. Flip-flops, sneakers or sandals are fine. You will be asked to remove your shoes on the boat. Pack a light jacket depending on the weather. Bring a camera, sunblock, sunglasses and a towel (just in case).
4. Pregnant women and people who have back or neck injuries and/or pain should not go on our boat tours if the waters are rough.
5. The boat is not wheelchair accessible
6. Shorts are advisable as you could start in ankle-deep water. Do not expect to stay dry on a speedboat
7. Tour program can change due to tidal and weather conditions
The Andaman Islands is a beautiful place for speedboat rides. This sport is slowly becoming the adventure of choice for people visiting with their families. The speed boat is an exhilarating experience that can be shared with up to 4 family members in one boat. It will let you interact with nature with a new perspective in mind. Plan your vacation for a memorable trip to the coastal paradise and enjoy water sports activities like never before.
Where in Andamans:
Port Blair- Port Blair is the attractive capital city of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. It is a vibrant city full of life and positivity. With a fascinating history on the backdrop, Port Blair is a beautiful city for water sports activity. Most travellers love to roam around the city for its picturesque beauty.
Havelock Island- Speed boat ride in Havelock Island is a heavenly combination. The beautiful surroundings are perfect to participate in different water sports activities. You can plan the most thrilling summer vacation of your life visiting Havelock Island.
Book Your Andaman Holidays With Our Travel ExpertsEnquiry Now